adapted from Cuisine at Home
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced or use microplane grater
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups sweet potatoes (or yams), peeled, thinly sliced (2-1/2 pounds)
- Boil heavy cream, lemon juice, sugar, ginger and salt in a large pan on high heat. Stir constantly for 15 minutes, reducing to about 2 cups of liquid.
- Stir sweet potatoes into cream mixture and transfer to six individual creme brulee dishes or one 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.