- 4 sweet potatoes, (2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) curry paste
- Peel potatoes; trim ends and sides to create rectangles. Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices; cut each lengthwise into 1/2 -inch (1 cm) wide strips.
- In large bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Whisk in oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add potatoes, tossing to coat. Spread on 2 parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of 425°F (220°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until tender and edges are browned and crisp.
- Curry Mayonnaise:
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice and curry paste; serve with potatoes.