Skip to content
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ¼ fine white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp cereal cream
- 4 large cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 dessert spoon almond extract
- 1 tsp cardamom seed
- 1 lb prunes boiled and pitted and but through food chopper
- Add 1 cup sugar,
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup of water prunes were boiled in
- 1 tsp vanilla
butter, add sugar gradually and eggs one at a time. Sift dry
ingredients and work into first mixture. Add flavouring. Knead in all
the flour, and divide into seven parts. Put each part into 9 inch round
cake pans, and bake in 375 – 400 degree oven to a golden light brown.
Remove from tins while still hot, as it becomes quite hard. Cool and
combine with filling
- Bring the filling mixture to a boil, and let it cool before putting between layers.
- The above cake should be iced with almond icing.
Gramma Vivian Foster
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup melted butter or margarine
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pie shell
combine eggs, sugar, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir in
coconut. Pour filling into unbaked pastry shell. Bake in moderate over
(350 degree) for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes
out clean. Garnish with whipped cream or some ice cream.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on
high until stiff peaks form. Sprinkle cornstarch over egg white mixture;
fold in. Fold in lemon juice and extract.
- Spray a Lg Cookie Sheet with nonstick cooking spray . Spoon
meringue onto pan, forming a 12-in. heart; build up edges slightly, Or
Make 4 small hearts. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until crisp. Cool
on pan on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
Gradually add the remaining 2 T. sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
Spoon over meringue; arrange strawberries over top. Serve immediately.
- 3 egg whites ( 1/3 to ½ cup)
- ¼ tsp cr. Of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 275 degrees
- Beat eggs whites and cream of tartar, until frothy. Gradually beat
in sugar a little at a time. Beat until very stiff and glossy.
- Tint if desired with food coloring. Spread on heavy brown paper on
baking sheet into desired shapes. Shape with back of spoon. Bake 50 min.
Turn off oven and leave until cooled.
- NEEdS more recipe!!!!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 1 8 oz. cool whip
- 5 to 6 bananas
- 2 – 3 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Combine flour, butter and sugar. Press into 9 X 13 pan. Bake 350º for 20 minutes. Cool
- Beat: sugar, cream cheese, and cool whip
- Spread over coo crust. Slice 5 to 6 bananas over this
- Mix 2 – 3 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding with 2 cups
milk. Beat 2 minutes. Pour over banans. Top with another 8 oz coolwhip.
Sprinkle with nuts.