This recipe is from Marvel Ricard – simply wonderful
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 pkg Vanilla pudding mix
- 2 pkg yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 cup cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- beat cold milk and vanilla pudding.
- add other ingredients
- Icing boil br sug, cream and butter. Add 2 cup icing sugar Bet until thick.
1 regular loaf, or 2 mini loaves
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripened bananas mashed ( or 2.5 small bananas)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbl. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips (regular chocolate chips work too)
- *optional 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
over to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan, or 2 mini pans with
non-stick spray. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Stir
in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended. Add
baking soda, cocoa, and flour. Mix everything until well incorporated
(about 3 minutes in a Kitchenaid mixer). Add chocolate chips and nuts
By Adell Shneer and The Canadian Living
Test Kitchen. This bakes into tender, buttery buns in a variety of
shapes. Do some of each to make a fabulous breadbasket for your holiday
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) warm water
- 1 pkg (2-1/4 tsp/11 mL) active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 4-1/2 cups (1.125 L) all-purpose flour, (approx)
- Remove 1 tsp (5 mL) of the sugar; set aside.
- In saucepan, heat together milk, butter, salt and remaining sugar until butter is melted; let cool to lukewarm.
- In large bowl, dissolve reserved sugar with warm water. Sprinkle in
yeast; let stand until frothy, about 10 minutes. Whisk in milk mixture
- Stir in 4 cups (1 L) of the flour, 1 cup (250 mL) at a time, to make
soft shaggy dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead, adding
as much of the remaining flour as necessary to prevent sticking, until
smooth, elastic and quite soft, about 10 minutes.
- Place dough in large greased bowl, turning to grease all over. Cover
with plastic wrap or tea towel; let rise in warm place until dough is
doubled in bulk, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Additional Information
- Variation – Whole Wheat Soft Dinner Roll Dough: Replace 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.