- 2 pounds veal round steak cut ½ inch
- 3 cups toasted bread cubes
- 2 tbsp sniped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 14 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 beaten egg
- 13 cup milk
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 cup water
- Pan gravy
- Cut veal into 6 pieces, pound to ¼ thickness. Season with salt. Combine bread crumbs, etc. Stir in egg and milk
- Place mixture on meat roll up. Wrap each meat roll with bacon slice. Secure with wooden picks.
- In skillet cook meat rolls till brown and bacon is cooked, – 15 to 20 min.
- Add water, cover and simmer till tender, About 20 min.
- Remove meat to hot platter, keep warm. Prepare pan gravy
- Serve with mashed potatoes.