- 4 large chicken breasts cut to make 8 sides
- 8 gree onions
- 16 toasted almonds
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¾ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion sliced very thin
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken boulion cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1- oz pack frozen broccoli thawed and chopped
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 12 cup cold water
- 5 oz wate chestnuts, sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oven 375 degrees, Butter 10 X 6 baking dish. De-bone and skin chicken . Pound pieces of chicken between sheets wax paper with rolling pin until meat is evenly thin (1/4 inch or less.
- Trim green onions to width of each piece of chicken. Roll meat around green onion and almond and pinch the end to seal meat to itself.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper. Beat eggs and milk. Flip chicken rolls in flour, then eggs then crumbs
- Heat butter in saucepan until it foams. Remove from heat, discard foam. Heat remaining oil (clarified butter) in skillet. Add coated chicken. Cook slowly until brown.
- Put in baking dish. Add mushrooms and onion to butter. Cook gently. Add 1 cup water and bouillon. Bring to boil and pour over chicken. Cover with foil. Bake about 45 min. Uncover and turn rolls. Cook 10 to 15 min. longer.
- Lift out chicken. Add 1 cup water, tsp salt, bring to a boil, ad broccoli. Cook 7 min. ?, Combine cornstarch and ½ cup water till smooth . Stir into broccoli, Add water chestnuts and simmer 3 min. Pour over chicken rolls.