from Eating Well
- 2 apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 1/8 herbes do provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Toss apples slices with lemon juice and cinnamon in a small bowl. Heat 1 tsp butter and oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally until tender about 5 min. Keep warm
- Mix 1 tsp herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with seasoning mixture
- Heat 1 tsp oil and butter in large skillet over high heat. add half the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 min. per side. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add broth, lemon zest the remain herbes and any accumulated juices from the chicken to the pan. Cook stirring to scrape up any browned bits, until slightly reduced, about 3 min. Spoon the sauce over the chick and serve with the sauteed apples.
- Herbes de Provence is a mixture of dried herbs commonly used in the south of France. You can purchase commercial mixtures in specialty stores. bu to make your own: Mix 2 tbsp each dried thyme, rosemary, oregano, marjoram and savory in a small jar.