- 1 cup butter
- 1 ¼ fine white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp cereal cream
- 4 large cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 dessert spoon almond extract
- 1 tsp cardamom seed
- 1 lb prunes boiled and pitted and but through food chopper
- Add 1 cup sugar,
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup of water prunes were boiled in
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream butter, add sugar gradually and eggs one at a time. Sift dry ingredients and work into first mixture. Add flavouring. Knead in all the flour, and divide into seven parts. Put each part into 9 inch round cake pans, and bake in 375 – 400 degree oven to a golden light brown. Remove from tins while still hot, as it becomes quite hard. Cool and combine with filling
- Bring the filling mixture to a boil, and let it cool before putting between layers.
- The above cake should be iced with almond icing.