This recipe is out of the Famous Dave’s cookbook that they sell at the restaurant.
- 8 ounces thick-slice hickory-smoked bacon
- 1 (8-ounce) strip steak
- Famous Dave’s Steak seasoning to taste
- 1 (8ounce) twice-smoked sausage link
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 2 (28-ounce) cans Bush’s Baked Beans
- 1 (20-ounce) bottle Famous Dave’s BBQ sauce
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings/ Crumble the bacon. Sprinkle steak with steak seasoning. Grill over hot coals until medium. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Grill sausage until nice and charred. Slice the sausage lenghtwise into halves; slece into quarters. Cut the quarters into 1/2 inch cubes. Saute onion, green pepper and jalapenio in reserved bacon dripping in a skillet just until onion is tender-crisp. Stir in bacon, steak, sausage, beans and sauce. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The flavor is enhanced if stored, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours and reheated just before serving. To resmoke sausage, smoke over hickory chips at 175 degrees for 2 hours. Grill over hot coals for additional flavor. Yield: 12 to 15 servings.
- This seems like an awful lot of work to make. I just like to take a road trip to the nearest Famous Dave’s so that I can have a piece of their Great Bread Pudding also.