This salad has been a tradition at our family Christmas dinner
- Raspberry layer: 1 cup boiling water, 1 small pkg raspberry flavored jello, 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen raspberries.- I have used strawberry jello and strawberries.
- Orange layer: 1 cup boiling water, 1 small pkg orange jello, 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, 1 can (11 oz mandarin orange segments
- Lime layer: 1 cup boiling water, 1 small pkg lime jello, 1 can (8 1/2 oz) crushed pineapple
- Raspberry Layer: pour boiling water on raspberry-flavored gelatin in large bowl, stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in frozen raspberries. Chill until thickened slightly but not set, pour into 8 cup mold or 9 X 9 X 2 inch baking pan. chill until almost firm.
- Orange Layer: Pour boiling water on orange-flavored gelatin in large bowl. stir until gelatin is dissolved, stir gradually into cream cheese. Chill until thickened slightly but not set. Mix in orange segments (with syrup); pour evenly on raspberry layer, chill until almost firm
- Lime layer: pour boiling water on lime-flavored gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in pineapple (with syrup_ Chill until thickened slightly but not set, pour evenly on orange layer. Chill until firm,
- Note: this order is for a molded salad. I reverse the order and serve in a crystal bowl. also double the recipe for a crowd. I find leaving about 3 hours before adding the next layer works well. morning, noon, night for next day. Also, I am lazy and put the next layer on another layer when I make it. I have used sugar free jello, light cream cheese and unsweetened fruit.