These shrimp are super easy to make, just coat them in a simple batter, cook them in a little oil and toss with a tangy sesame orange sauce.
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- Whisk sesame seeds, egg whites, cornstarch salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half the shrimp and cook until golden. 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined platter to drain. repeat with the remaining 1 tbsp oil and the rest of the shrimp
- add orange juice, sherry, soy sauce and sugar to the pan. Bring to a boil and cook stirring occasionally until slightly thickened and reduced by half, 4 to 6 minutes. Return the shrimp to thee pan and stir to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately, with scallion sprinkled on top