- Round Steak – 2 lbs., and about 1 inch thick, cut into “steak” sized pieces
- Mushrooms – 16 oz., sliced, fresh
- Onion – 2 medium, sliced
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Beef Stock – 2 cups
- Corn Starch – 3 Tblsp.
- Red Wine – 1/2 cup (optional, gives a richer flavor)
- Spray the pot with oil for easier clan-up.
- Place onions in the bottom of the pot, then add the beef and mushrooms.
- Mix the cornstarch with the stock, and then pour over the beef and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours.
- I honestly don’t remember if I added salt, but certainly you can add salt or pepper to taste.