MMMmm these are tasty wings, sticky but tasty. Have them as part of your home cooked Chinese dinner.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Chinese wine or dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Cut wings into 3 pieces, (save tips for making stock)
- Heat oil in wok and fry the larger joints on high heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned
- Add soy, honey, wine, garlic and ginger. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the wings are tender.
- Towards the end watch the wings carefully, stir frequently to make sure the glaze does not burn.