- 4 large yams
- 4 large green apples
- ground cloves
- 2 cup amaretto
- Cook yams in boiling salted water just until tender. Drain. Peel and cut in to 2 inch thick slices.
- Pare apples and remove cores. Cut in to thin slices
- In a buttered casserole, put alternate layers of yams and apples, sprinkling each layer lightly with sugar and a pinch of ground cloves and dots of butter.
- Pour amaretto over all.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until apples are very tender.
- Serve with pork, ham or duck.