From the milk calendar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup gran. sugar
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350, line 12 muffin pan with paper liners
- In a small bowl, toss 2 tbsp of the flour with blueberries.
- In medium bowl whisk together remaining flour cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, beat in egg until blended.Beat in lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla\Using a wooden spoon, stir dry ingredients into butter mixture alternately with milk.
- Gently stir in blueberry mixture
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes and then on wire rack