This was the first lasagna recipe I made. It uses less cheese and has the added black olives.
- 1 cup ripe olives
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz. can tomatoes
- 2 – 6 ooz cans tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 2 pgs sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut olives in large pieces, set aside. Brown beef, add garlic, onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices. Cover and simmer 1 hour until sauce is thickened.
- Cook noodles about 20 minutes, drain.
- In shallow baking pan spread 1/2 cup of sauce, a layer of noodles, mozzarella cheese & olives, using 1/3 of amount. Repeat layers ending with sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 min. at 350 degrees. Serves 6 to 8 people.