- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- For Filling:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all cookie ingredients except flour and baking powder in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets
- Make indentation in each cookie with thumb; rotate thumb to hollow out slightly
- Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl; fill each cookie with 1 rounded tsp. filling.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.