Jamie Oliver Prawn Linguini
- Fill your kettle and put it on to boil. Preheat your oven to the lowest setting and place your plates in the oven to warm.
- Cook your linguini in boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Stir it occasionally to make sure none of the pasta is sticking together. Meanwhile…
- Place the frying pan on a medium heat.
- Peel and slice the garlic. Halve, deseed and finely slice the chilli. Pick the basil leaves from the stalks and put to one side. Finely chop the basil stalks.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the hot frying pan and add the garlic, chilli, basil stalks and prawns. Fry everything together for a minute or two, stirring as you go.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half then add to the pan with a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the heat up to high and keep stirring so nothing sticks.
- After about 3 to 5 minutes when the prawns are pink and cooked through, turn the heat off and drizzle over a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- When your linguini is cooked, scoop out a cupful of water to keep, then drain in a colander.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan. Toss everything together, and if the sauce is a bit thick, add a little of your reserved cooking water to thin it out slightly.
- Have a taste then season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cover with a lid or tin foil to keep warm.
- This is the perfect time to make your table look respectable so get the cutlery, salt and pepper and drinks set out nicely.
- Get your warmed plates out of the oven then use tongs to divide the linguini between them. Scatter your basil leaves over the top. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and tuck in!