This recipe is for a specially designed fluted loaf tin.
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp pure almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup melted margarine
- Beat well: sugar, egg, extract and milk
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bake at 350º for 40-50 minutes. Edges must be golden brown. Cool in pan before removing. Cake will break if removed to soon. Sprinkle with confectionery sugar
- Variation: before pouring batter into the pan, sprinkle slice almonds on the bottom